Sunday, March 13, 2011

First Time DST Experience


Daylight Saving Time or DST is the practice of temporarily advancing clocks during the summertime so that afternoons have more daylight and mornings have less. Typically clocks are adjusted forward one hour near the start of spring and are adjusted backward in autumn.

I saw the DST notice pre-marked in the calendar two days ago, but I have completely forgotten about it when I woke up this morning. I set an alarm for 8:30 am, but I noticed the wall clock was still 7:30. I rerun a flashback at the back of my mind to recall if I changed my timezone the night before, but I don't remember changing it so I borrowed my husband's phone and told me that phone clocks automatically adjusts the time during DST. So that was it, I thought I was crazy for a while miscalculating time. DST started 2 a.m. today, March 13 and as I read that means longer spring and summer days until November.

It feels weird to still have a bright clear sky at almost 7:30 pm. Well, we all have our first time! Spring is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment