Friday, March 4, 2011

Black Friday Madness: The Tales of Before and After


Black Friday as defined is the day people in America look forward to as this is the day when department stores slash the prices of their commodities to up to 99% off! Not an exaggeration, its all true! For the Filipinos who are here in America, this is the day to do 1-year worth of shopping! Great deals and great finds are everywhere like crazy!

November 26, winter has just started and I have but all of my summer clothes with me. My husband had to treat me to some winter outfit shopping. I, unlike many girls, am not into fashion too much, but I do have a laid back fashion statement. My fashion sense is all about the usual jeans+tee, shorts+tee or cami, or mini-skirt+tee or cami, flipflops and flat shoes, that isn't much isn't it?

When I had to pick my winter outfit, I was just depending on what my husband would have to approve, I couldn't judge winter fashion just yet all by myself, and besides, I didn't know what else to shop for winter clothing aside of course from black thermal jackets! Poor me. On those shopping days I already had the feeling that I would have a hard time mixing and matching my clothes, and I was right. I thought of it as a phase I had to go through since I was almost hesitant to adapt to something new, but nevertheless I was glad since for the most part I was just a stay at home wife who didn't need a lot of winter clothes, thus minimizing the need to think of what to wear to here and there.

We started shopping before Black Friday, and that was my first exposure to the department stores out here. I was introduced to stores who sell branded items with much lower prices as compared to mall prices. These stores have become my favorite stores to shop, and to hell with Macy's! I also found out that these stores buy overstock items from major department stores in bulk that is why they are capable of selling their items for less. Good quality, nice brands, at affordable costs, and on top of that, it was Black Friday!

Black Friday went by but stores were still on SALE everywhere, so we continued our shopping hype until before New Year and until we completed our shopping list. It was only here in America that I encountered a REAL SALE EVENT, like you could really get your money's worth as stores would not likely run out of good items to sell. In the Philippines though, there are MIDNIGHT SALE from mall to mall from time to time, BACK TO SCHOOL SALE, CLEARANCE SALE, and whatever concept of a SALE event their marketing officers have in mind, but they don't have good selections, and what they put on SALE are those unsold and old items only, and that never failed to always frustrate me.

It is only nine months to go before the next Black Friday event, and I must say that I am already excited to buy my new set of winter outfit! I already have a hang of this winter fashion and I can't wait to buy the furry coats, boots in all form, beautiful scarves and colorful hats! Kaya, humanda!

No comments:

Post a Comment