Monday, March 7, 2011

1st Time Laundry Experience: The Washer and The Dryer

Scenario: Washers and dryers in America, no matter how old, are all heavy duty and they all work on their own, all you have to do is put detergent powder and fabric conditioner and wait until they finish the job. Not one Filipino dreads laundry day in America as it is, to be honest, so close to being convenient. Some washers may have pressing options too.

For a Filipino like me who's used to the regular washer and dryer in the Philippines, having these heavy duty laundry equipment to use is such a major level-up. The process of draining the water and replacing the water for pre-wash and rinsing, plus the on call necessity to combine hand-washing are already eliminated. Also, unlike our regular dryer that just squeezes off the water, the heavy duty dryers here dries the load all the way, like its really dry "DRY" and smoking hot!

I had to be oriented with a lot of household gadgets during my first few days here, because early on, I was seen the potential of breaking things, and that included the washer! I loaded two comforters and put it at extra large, as I saw and assessed it that time, the load was just enough, until approximately fifteen minutes later when my housemate saw water overflowing in the garage, and that was when we noticed the washer has stopped working and water was leaking from it. I had to unload those comforters and had to take it to the laundromat just so I could finish washing it all the way. There are spare washers around the house though but they are not quite as good as compared to the washer that I sabotaged. Fortunately though, after a day, my brother-in-law was able to figure out whats wrong with the washer and was able to restore it to its normal working condition. That washer has already served this family for a couple of years and just last month, the washer finally gave up. We then replaced it with a washer Honey stole from across our neighbor's sidewalk! Well, this is America, and what's good around here is that there are a lot of FREE functioning stuff almost everywhere, and you know its FREE and its yours when the item is sitting in the sidewalk. Technically, Honey did not steal that washer, of course not, because it was on the sidewalk, but he just had the feeling he stole it because it looks like its new and maybe our neighbor was just waiting for somebody to help them take the washer to the garage.

I notice good looking washers and dryers in department stores and I dream of getting us a brand new one when I get rich. I am forever in love with red because it is such a bright color, and thus, my wish is to get us a brand new Maytag Maxima Laundry Pair:


Maybe somebody out there could help me get rich overnight... I want this laundry pair sooo bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment