Friday, May 13, 2011

Mr. Pickle's Sandwich for Lunch

So I was recently accepted in a part-time job in a cozy place, and thinking about lunch is the last thing that I would want to bother myself with. Across where I work, there is a Mr. Pickle's sandwich shop where people in Los Gatos are crazy about. Yesterday I had a slice of cake and a glass of mocha freeze and I paid $10 inclusive of sales tax for lunch, and for a Filipino what I had was not even lunch at all! So today I decided to try to have at least a decent lunch that is worth my every dollar. Sure enough I had it when I bought some unexpectedly huge American tuna sandwich at Mr. Pickle's for almost $7.

Working 24 hours a week and spending an average of $10 for lunch is not good based on my level of lifestyle in terms of what I could afford! Plus I couldn't help myself from converting my expense to Philippine Peso!

I could probably prepare a regular sandwich which I'll bring with me at work for lunch and just buy me a drink in that little cozy gelato place - PLAN. Mr. Pickle's is a good choice but it is way beyond what I should be spending, I have to be practical in here. Again, this is America, I mean, food is affordable at the rate I am earning but I couldn't just afford the luxury to spend that much for lunch!

I am still in the lookout though for a restaurant around Los Gatos that serves rice.

2 comments:

  1. for lunch yes, its a little bit awkward to bring rice at work haha! everybody's eating fastfood! so when I'm home I eat all the rice that I can so I could just settle for cup noodles or a slice of cake or chips for lunch.. =)

    ReplyDelete